Each year we observe National Donor Sabbath as a time for faith leaders, donor families, transplant recipients, and donation and transplantation professionals to participate in services and programs to educate the public about the need for the lifesaving and healing gifts passed to others through transplantation. We also encourage people to register their decision to be an organ, eye and tissue donors. This year, National Donor Sabbath will be observed prior to Thanksgiving. Join us in praying for those in need of a life saving transplant and help our community learn more about registering to be an organ, eye and tissue donor!
Bring the Message to Your Congregation:
- Include information in your church bulletin about registering to be an organ, eye and tissue donor
- Provide your faith leader with facts about donation and ask they share the message
- Place registration forms, book marks or prayer cards in your church
- Request a speaker or plan a donor drive at your place of worship
- Hold a viewing of The Wish – A Story of Faith, Hope and Generosity to inspire others to register as organ, eye and tissue donors
Thank you to UNOS for providing resources from their Donation Guide for Faith Leaders and Health Care Professionals.
Contact us at [email protected] if you are interested in hosting an
event at your place of worship or getting involved with an existing event.